E-Newsletters: Six Tips to Keep in Mind…
Marketing is all about getting the word out to your current customers, and potential customers, about what makes your business great, what your business offers and why they should be a part of your enterprise.
In this mass-media world, as we all know, people spend a lot of time on their screens. One of the best ways to keep in touch with your customer base is to reach out to them on a regular basis. Just like using the US Postal Service in times of yore, the ever handy newsletter can highlight your ideas, services and products straight to your customer now in a quick –as-lighting manner though email.
Keeping in mind these tips will ease your writing headaches, and will not waste your time with rewrites and updates later.
- Timing is everything! Review your analytics to see how successful your open rate was from your last event e-newsletter. Many email software systems offer you the opportunity to conduct A/B testing, best mailing time, and other advanced techniques to help you optimize your open rate. You may have to pay a little more for those services, but it is worth it.
- Offer something for interrupting your reader’s time. Make it special: a special promotion, some % off a ticket, or a contest to enter.
- A great email subject is key. A play on words or the announcement of a contest can lead to more people opening your email!
- Get to the point. Don’t overwhelm your readers with too many subjects, ideas, etc. People will only spend a limited amount of time reading your email and if it is too long, the items at the bottom of the email will get skipped.
- Don’t just spend time selling your product, offer some information that is relevant to the reader. Well written tips and tricks or even a “how to” instructional article adds readability to your newsletter. Next time, the customer will look forward to receiving it!
- Adding pictures of your staff, highlighted past events and products or services draws the reader in! Remember to spend the time to craft your e-newsletter to include these tips. They bring you more “clicks”, more customers to your business, and happily informed ones at that!
About The Author
Jacquelyn is the President of JM Marketing & Events, Inc. Helping clients plan events that exceed their goals and expand their brand is her specialty. Follow us on Twitter @JMMarketEvents & Instagram. For great event planning and marketing ideas follow our Boards on Pinterest and Facebook.